Becoming centered in ourselves and life is the most important thing we can do for ourselves. This effects our physical, mental, and spiritual half in ourselves. Take a minute to ask yourself what is your personality type. perhaps you relax too much. you may feel lack in motivation or happiness. Maybe you are the opposite and constantly feel a need to keep going in order to feel good enough. your an over achiever but in an unhealthy way. You may simply just want more in your life.
Let’s take the steps to become the happier, more successful and centered in our own body. Improving our wellbeing starts with small steps, but the big steps are the ones that will push you and change your life.
Let’s Take some small steps first!
- Organize your schedule with 2 white boards. One white board will be your schedule for everyday for everyday. This is written for Monday – Sunday and it never is changed. This is your goals and schedule for everyday for the rest of the year. You will put what you want to get accomplished for the day, and your days off. How many horses you’ll ride, etc. Your next board is a 4 month calendar board. On this you will put the list of all of your vacations, horse shows, meetings, etc. Then everyday look at your Monday – Sunday board and what you wrote down for that day. Then complete exactly what is written down. At the end of the day go back and write down on your 4 month calendar exactly what you completed. If you didn’t complete everything then you are either over loading yourself or not pushing yourself hard enough.
- Start with 10 minute of mat yoga every morning. This is not a workout this is stretching and improving your balance, flexibility, and getting centered for the day ahead.
- Clean your room every morning. This can be after coffee and you don’t have to make your bed. Just make sure there is no clothes on the ground, the floor is clean, etc.
- Wake up at a certain time everyday, and don’t go to bed later then 10 unless its your day off.
Now those were the small steps are you ready for the big steps?
- I am a big believer that getting a personal trainer and a gym membership will change your life. The cost vary but usually its not over $200 for 4 sessions a month. Often people get a gym membership but don’t know what to do, and insecurities and intimidation can arise. so a personal trainer is not only doing something for yourself, but it will focus on your sport, and teach you the best workouts for your goals. You need to invest in yourself to be your best self. Its also another hobby, very addicting, and fun! You can also go to the classes on the days your not in personal training
- to become the best athlete we can be we have to eat clean. This doesn’t mean you can’t splurge every now and then, but its changing small habits first in your lifestyle and food choices top get to this healthy point. eating clean is very easy. stay tuned for my next blog post about eating clean, and how too! it all starts with eating fruit instead of sweets. Eating more protein, and don’t worry too much about calories if your eating clean, but if your serious about body building or losing weight then tracking them would be beneficial.
- Organize your whole life. Make a big change and get your car deep cleaned. Buy organizational stuff for you room and deep clean. make sure you have all the supplies and that your horse trailer is clean or your office. This can be cheap too. You can buy $20.00 worth of organization and cleaning supplies easily and change the whole look in your room, and you can take your car to a do it yourself car wash.
Start with the small steps and see how much better you feel. make sure you do one step for one week then advance to the next so its not overwhelming.